Why is chocolate dangerous for dogs?

Why chocolate is bad for dogs?

December 22, 2020

Why is chocolate dangerous for dogs?

1. Theobromine.

The most toxic element for dogs in chocolate is theobromine. It is an alkaloid similar in its chemical composition to caffeine. It can accumulate in the animal’s body to toxic concentrations. Because of this, the nervous and cardiovascular systems are affected. As a result: vomiting, diarrhea, increased blood pressure, respiratory and heart rhythm disorders, heart failure,convulsions, coma, and death.

2. Fat.

It is found not only in chocolate, but also in many other sweets. Digestive disorders, gastritis, pancreatitis – the sad consequences of abuse of fatty foods.

3. Sugar.

An overabundance of sugar in the dog’s body can cause metabolic disorders, obesity, diabetes, and tooth enamel destruction.

If you find that your pet has eaten chocolate, call your veterinarian. Provide information about the amount of sweets that got into the body of animal, as well as tell about the symptoms of poisoning. The doctor will tell you what to do. You may have to induce vomiting in the dog by yourself. In severe cases, immediately take the animal to the clinic.

Share with your network